Saint Philomena School is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
- A twice named U.S. Department of Education Blue Ribbon School of Excellence
- Designated a Rhode Island Top Ten School by Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth
- Raytheon Company's 2012 MathMovesU National Math Heroes Award Winner
- A member of the National Catholic Education Association (NCEA), the Independent Schools Association of RI and Aquidneck Island Collaborative for Education
We are proud of our comprehensive program to challenge and inspire students to grow and learn. Some highlights of the academic experience at Saint Philomena School include:
- passionate teachers who directly help to shape and guide the student experience
- World Language learning from preschool to grade 8
- Mathematics curriculum that supports accelerated and on-level learners allowing students the opportunity to work towards completing pre-algebra, algebra 1 or geometry in grade 8.
- Balanced curriculum that engages technology and resources while cultivating the foundational skills of confident interpersonal communication, eye contact and ability to work with others.
- New K-6 blended learning technology program to guide 21st century learning in digital citizenship, coding and keyboarding
- Opportunity to take Spanish, French or Latin in grades 6 - 8
- Opportunity each year to take classes in visual art and music
- Physical education program that takes advantage of campus and gymnasium
- Library literacy program to foster a love for reading and deeper critical thinking.
- Respect for keeping children active from preschool to Grade 8 on a campus setting with playgrounds, fields, nature trails and buildings to walk between while changing classes. We value recess for all ages.