Saint Philomena School is committed to keeping its tuition as affordable as possible for many families, while maintaining an environment rich in Catholic values, superior academics and a strong family spirit. There are many ways families and friends may support Saint Philomena School in its efforts to offer this unique education to a diverse group of students.
- The Annual Fund raises unrestricted funds for operating expenses. The income generated from annual giving is used where needed most each year. The number of donors and amount raised has grown consistently each year, with many current parents, past parents, alumni/ae, grandparents, friends and others taking part.
- The Sr. Ethna Earley, FCJ Scholarship Fund is a restricted endowment fund which will be used to provide scholarships to needy or minority students who would not otherwise be able to afford tuition. The Fund was begun in 1992 by Mr. & Mrs. James E. Murphy, Sr., in honor of the graduation of their daughter Megan Murphy, the last of many Murphys to attend St. Philomena School. Many generous donors have increased the Sr. Ethna fund through the years. The income received from this endowed fund will provide scholarship aid.
- The Sr. Ann Marie FCJ Scholarship Fund provides scholarships for students, faculty staff development and community service outreach projects. This fund was developed to honor one of our past principals whose leadership has strengthened the school.
- The Mary & Aileen Block Scholarship Fund provides tuition assistance to current school families who encounter financial difficulties during the year. This fund was started by Drs. Robert & Julia Block in honor of their daughters Mary & Aileen, who were killed in a car accident after leaving school in 1987.
- The Capital Fund is a reserved account used for major school capital expenditures. The fund was established with a generous donation from the Sisters Faithful Companions of Jesus in 1998.
Other Ways To Support the School and Mission
- Many businesses offer matching gift funds, which can double or triple a donor's gift. Check with your employer.
- Designated gifts to a particular program are always welcome. Many people may wish to make a gift directly to the library, or to the music and arts programs, or many other areas.
- Memorial and honorary gifts are a thoughtful way to remember someone special while helping Saint Philomena School.
- Most gifts are by cash (check), but gifts of stocks and securities may also be accepted by the school and may also be matched by some employers.
- Planned giving offers many ways to remember Saint Philomena School through bequests and wills, life insurance, annuities, charitable remainder trusts and other areas. Contact us at any time so that we can help coordinate your wishes.